What's in this article?
If you’re reading this, it’s likely because you’ve experienced challenges in finding the right marketing agency for your senior living organization.
Perhaps your previous attempts have been disappointing, working with agencies that promised you the moon but fell short.
Or perhaps you’re struggling to maintain occupancy rates or reach marketing quotas to draw in more resident leads.
The good news is that you’re in the right place to learn how to select the best marketing agency for your senior living community.
In this article, we’ll explore the key factors to consider when evaluating potential agencies and provide you with the tools to make an informed decision.
How to evaluate the agency’s experience in the senior living industry
Imagine this scenario — you’re picking a marketing agency that claims to be an expert in the senior living market, but upon closer inspection, their portfolio is only filled with trendy startups.
Are they the right fit for your senior living community?
To separate the true senior living marketing gurus from the novices, use this helpful guide to evaluate an agency’s experience in the senior living industry.
Specialized knowledge of senior living
This is the secret sauce that elevates one senior living marketing agency over the rest.
Running a marketing agency isn’t enough to be successful in the senior living space.
An agency must possess the necessary skillsets in:
- Industry regulations and compliance requirements
- Trends and best practices in senior living care and services
- The competitive landscape and market demand for senior living services
- Effective marketing strategies for targeting seniors and their caregivers
Additionally, marketing agencies need to understand how to use the appropriate language and tone when targeting their intended audience.
A proven track record
Make sure you’re picking an agency with a winning track record. Do your research online to look for client reviews, ask for references, and see if they’ve been awarded or recognized in their space.
A full-service senior living marketing agency should offer a comprehensive range of services, ideally all, to meet your marketing needs.
Specific services to expect from a top-notch senior living marketing agency, include:
- Website design
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- PPC advertising
- Blog writing and content marketing
- Graphic design
Boutique agencies, like Kaleidico, can offer a more personalized approach to senior living marketing that is tailored to the specific needs and goals of each client.
The advantage of working with a boutique agency is they are more adaptable to changing market trends and client needs.
Additionally, smaller agencies tend to have a deeper level of expertise and specialized knowledge in their particular field, as compared to jack-of-all-trades larger marketing agencies.
How to maximize success by choosing the best range of services
Working with a single, full-service agency simplifies the process and ensures consistency across all of your channels.
The last thing you want is to work with multiple agencies that are not aligned in their messages or branding, leaving you to coordinate the mess.
Look for an agency that offers everything you need, including:
- Website design
- Lead generation
- Email marketing
- Social media
- PPC advertising
- Blog writing
At the very least, make sure your marketing agency can provide the following services.
Build and design a senior living website optimized for lead generation
Your senior living website is the greatest lead generation tool you have.
This is why it’s important to optimize the website for lead generation by using smart contact forms, clever calls-to-action, and an intuitive design that keeps people on your website longer.
The key features and design elements of your website should include:
- Mobile responsiveness for viewing on smartphones
- Clear calls-to-action, such as “schedule your tour today” or “contact our team for more information”
- Floor plans and amenities
- Testimonials and reviews
- Virtual tours
- SEO optimization on every page, with proper keywords and search phrases your audience is looking for online
Use paid ads, including Google Ads and Facebook Ads
Setting up paid advertising campaigns such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads can be a complex process, even for experienced marketers, especially when it comes to bidding on keywords and monitoring campaign performance.
Working with an agency with experience in the senior living space is crucial to ensure you’re using the correct keywords effectively for maximum ROI.
Use SEO and blogs for content marketing to direct traffic from Google searches
Your senior living website’s blog page might be your best referral source yet.
Caregivers, usually middle-aged women caring for their aging parent, turn to Google to search for medical advice related to dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other ailments.
Using keyword planning and SEO tools, the marketing agency will identify keywords to base blog articles around.
Once visitors click on these blogs, they’ll be encouraged through CTAs to fill out the contact form to convert into a new lead.
Use social media marketing to extend reach
If you haven’t done so already, the marketing agency will create and run social media pages such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to connect with potential residents and their families to build relationships over time.
An experienced senior living marketing agency will use social media to:
- Post engaging content such as photos, videos, and new blog articles
- Interact with followers with comments
- Run social media campaigns such as contests or promotions to build buzz or generate leads
- Use social media ads, such as Facebook Ads or Twitter Ads, to reach a more highly targeted audience and generate more leads
Use email marketing to maximize using your existing audience
Email marketing leverages your existing email list to promote referral programs, community events, and marketing initiatives to encourage current residents to refer friends and family to your community.
Make sure your agency has the capabilities to:
- Create targeted email campaigns based on segmented lists
- Offer incentives or referral bonuses in campaigns
- Craft compelling subject lines that get your emails opened more
- Include compelling calls-to-action to make readers take the desired action, such as forwarding the email to friends and family who may be interested
Find an agency that respects communication and collaboration
Have you ever been burned by a marketing agency that simply wasn’t responsive when you needed them to be?
Look for an agency that’s responsive to your needs and is willing to take feedback to adjust their strategies accordingly.
A great marketing agency should take the time to understand the goals and objectives of your senior living community and develop a proven marketing system that meets your needs.
Here are a few ways to determine the responsiveness and openness of your next senior living agency:
- Check their website for signs of transparency and openness, such as regularly updated blog posts, case studies, and testimonials
- Look for an agency that offers a detailed onboard process to learn about your specific needs
- Ask about the agency’s approach to communication and collaboration and the specific tools or platforms they use to keep track
- Consider the agency’s reporting and measuring capabilities, including how often to expect reports, and what’s included in those reports
- Make sure the agency has a proven track record of successful marketing campaigns, including increasing web traffic, generating leads, and filling occupancy rates for other senior living communities.
Choose Kaleidico — your partner agency for senior living success
Ready to boost your senior living community’s occupancy rates and find new residents? With Kaleidico as your partner, you can achieve senior living marketing success.
Kaleidico is a full-service marketing agency and lead generation firm specializing in senior living marketing. We have everything you need to increase occupancy rates and generate leads.