What's in this article?
Are you tired of wasting hours on end manually processing mortgage applications, writing emails, and handling each stage of the mortgage process?
Did you know automating your sales tools can help you see a 451% increase in qualified leads? It’s time to automate your mortgage sales process and find the right tools to streamline your workflow.
In this guide, I’ll show you the right tools and platforms to automate each aspect of your sales process to help you close more deals effectively.
Establish yourself as the trusted authority on loan products
When potential borrowers perceive you to be knowledgeable and reliable, they’re more likely to trust your recommendations and move forward along in the mortgage process.
Use your expertise in the housing market to craft popular blog articles, email campaigns, and newsletters to provide constant value to your potential borrowers.
Top news sites to help you stay updated on mortgage products and industry changes:
- Mortgage News Daily provides daily news, expert analysis, and market data to keep you informed and timely.
- National Mortgage News is another reputable source for mortgage industry updates, giving expert insights into mortgage products and recent changes to the landscape.
- HousingWire is one of the nation’s most influential sources of housing news and mortgage lender updates.
Understand your customers’ needs
You’ll need to gain insights into your borrowers’ preferences, pain points, and priorities to create targeted and personalized campaigns to drive conversions.
For example, you can create different categories of blog articles on your mortgage sales website targeting first-time home buyers, home refinancers, or property investors.
Additionally, you can use these specific scripts to learn more about your customer’s mortgage needs:
- “Can you tell me what your primary goals are for your new home purchase? Are you looking for a lower monthly payment, a specific loan term, or a particular type of loan?”
- “What type of property are you looking to finance?”
- “How much do you have saved for a down payment”
- “Do you have a preference for a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage?”
Use contact forms and smart questionnaires to collect information
Embedding contact forms and questionnaires on your mortgage website to automate data collection.
Use lead paths and progressive field forms that can ask smarter questions to generate leads and collect important information on your borrowers.
Use calendar scheduling tools for more leads and meetings
Normally, leads submit their contact info and then wait for you to contact them to set up an appointment.
Mastering communication skills: your secret sales weapon
Your ability to close sales and build strong relationships will improve when you can win your borrower’s trust and loyalty.
Try to avoid using jargony language or technical terms and speak in plain English to make sure your communication is clear and easy to read. Tailor your communication styles to each customer based on their preferences. Use email, phone calls, in-person meetings, or text messages.
Great tools to help you improve your communication and writing skills:
- Grammarly is a free proofreading tool that integrates into CRMs, email platforms, and Word documents.
- ChatGPT is a free AI writing tool that can generate well-written emails, messages, text messages, and more based on specific prompts. It can be a game changer for helping you draft emails, blog article ideas, and social media posts. Think of it like your own personal assistant who’s an expert on everything.
Using CRM automation to cultivate lasting relationships for long-term success
CRMs are the best tool for keeping track of your customers’ info and automating the sales process through drip campaigns and lead nurturing campaigns.
The best part is these automated email campaigns can be triggered by different actions your borrowers take. For example, if a borrower opens up their introductory email, you can automatically send them the second email in part of their drip campaign.
Below are the best mortgage CRMs available:
Harness effective sales techniques to build relationships
Mortgage lenders can stay ahead of their competitors by using automation tools and techniques to reach a wider audience and close more deals.
To streamline your sales process:
- Use data analytics to target your ideal customers, such as Google Analytics, to learn more about your mortgage website’s visitors
- Automate your lead generation using smart contact forms, optimizing landing pages, or outsourcing your work to a mortgage marketing agency
- Use email marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Drip, or Contact Contact
- Use video chat tools such as Zoom or Skype
- Automate the loan application process such as Floify, Lendesk, Blend, and Roostify
Overcome objections on a larger scale
Handling customers’ objections can be a time-consuming process that requires tactful responses and expertise.
Use these techniques and tools to automate this process:
- Use objection scripts, such as “I understand that monthly payments are a big concern. We offer a range of mortgage products that can be tailored…” or “I understand long-term commitments can be intimating, but a long-term mortgage can provide stability and predictability.”
- Use mortgage chatbots on your website to answer questions and collect leads
- Create a FAQ page on your website based on your most popular questions and objections
- Write blog posts on your most common objections and your solutions to those problems
- Track objections in your CRM for each customer
- Post video content on YouTube to generate leads and address common objections
Work with Kaleidico — a mortgage marketing agency
If you’re struggling to generate high-quality mortgage leads or streamline your sales process, it’s time to partner with a mortgage marketing agency to achieve your goals.
Kaleidico is a leading mortgage marketing agency and lead generation company that specialized in helping mortgage lenders and loan officers automate their sales processes, generate more leads, and close more deals.