10 Crazy Content Marketing Strategy Statistics
By now, it’s pretty obvious that content marketing is a valuable strategy and not just a fleeting trend. In fact, it continues to expand and evolve, which means new opportunities, but also new challenges for marketers.
To help you get a better grasp of what the content marketing landscape looks like in 2016, we wanted to provide you with 10 fresh and highly-relevant content marketing stats that you’ll wish you knew sooner. Let’s get started!
Content Marketing Strategy Stats Speak Louder than Words
- Most publishers focus their efforts on creating short-form content, but the long-form type (3,000 and 10,000 words) is the one that is most likely to be shared on social media. (Source: ClickZ)
- Images (22%) and video (15%) are the most popular types of brand content for consumers/buyers. On the other side of the spectrum are eBooks and white papers with only 3% each. (Source: SocialTimes)
- The top five priorities for content creators are creating more engaging content, better understanding of what content is effective, finding more and better ways to repurpose it, creating visual content, and becoming better storytellers. (source: Content Marketing Institute)
- 73% of B2B marketers use video in their content marketing. (Source: Content Marketer)
- How-to and tutorial videos are the most sought-after type of online video content. 67% of consumers are interested in watching these types of videos. Only 34% want to watch product or informational videos. (Source: Marketing Think)
- By 2018, 79% of Internet traffic will be video content. That’s a lot! (Source: MarketingProfs )
- 300 hours of new video are uploaded to YouTube each minute. (source: DR4WARD)
- 46% of marketers say photography is essential when it comes to their current marketing and storytelling strategies. (Source: The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council)
- Content that is supported by relevant images gets 94% more views than content that lacks appropriate images. (Source: Kissmetrics)
- Visual content has the best chances of being shared on social media. (Source: Buffer)
What Do You Need to Remember from All These Content Marketing Stats?
Here are some key takeaways from the content marketing stats you just read:
- Videos are a big deal. Focus your attention on creating How-to videos and tutorials that provide immediate value, since those are the ones that most appeal to consumers.
- Graphic and visual elements will become increasingly important since visual content is most likely to be shared. The low consumer attention span combined with the fact that visual cues are easier to process means that relevant images that support and enhance the written text are a must.
- However, readers still appreciate in-depth, quality information, and prefer to learn more about a certain vendor or product through articles.
Not Sure What To Do Next?
Content marketing strategy is constantly evolving, and marketers need to be able to keep up and adjust their strategies to be successful and grow their businesses. We hope that these content marketing stats will inspire you and give you some fresh ideas when it comes to marketing your business in 2016.
If you need some help tweaking your strategy for 2016, make sure you take a look at our content marketing services.
Call us at 313-338-9515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more about your business!